Saturday, May 06, 2006

If I've had to start taking notes to write for this blog, is that just a change of habit or does it reveal a larger change of direction for me? No answer required.

I rented John Cassavetes's Opening Night last night. I was swept off my feet by what was written on the flipside of the dvd box. I don't have it now to copy it here because the store doesn't loan you that box; only the see-through plastic box. It was about Mr. Cassavetes's recurring theme of people needing to see through the lies they tell themselves about themselves. The need for crisis as stepping-stone to personal development. It reminded me of conversations with Amy.

Gena Rowlands has funny eyebrows. They remind me of the classic black-and-white film star-look. "Oh".

I particularly liked how the scene with the girl touching the limo window through the pouring rain looked.

When I was at the Concordia film screening on Tuesday I realized I could never make a movie. I just wouldn't know how to use the tools, because overall I can't think ahead what I'd like to see. When I see it, I know it's beautiful. Like that scene, I mean.

***
I have some random thoughts to purge. Feel free to skip.

- the tragic demise of the Go-Go's "prestige" as they sell it out to tv ads. In the US I heard a pizza chain do "We got the meat, we got the meat, we got the meat.... we got the meat!"

- is Paris as terrible as Carrie made it out to be? Maybe she's "too" all-American.

- the census. something about that.

- oh yeah! and I cleaned the tub.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker