Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Kickball is like Life

Well, another game of kickball with the girls & boys. In case you haven't noticed, kickball (soccer-baseball where I come from - oh wait, that's Montreal) is a big thing these days. Like this year's Ultimate, only cooler because we care less. Everyone knows coolness is inversely related to your level of ernestness. Which makes me terribly un-cool, but anyway...

There are leagues of kickball players, and it was the sport du jour this summer for 20 & 30 somethings, and since I'm a 30something who hangs out with 20somethings, it works out nicely.

I kind of wasn't feeling it today though. Possibly related to being 30something among 20somethings, what do I know. But, *as in life*, I sucked it up and played. Not my best game, I admit. I'm an usually enthusiastic kickball player (unsual since I was kicked out of softball when I was 10 for "not hustling enough" and I'm an astoundly unathletic person) but not tonight. Still, *as in life*, it was worth it to stick it out. Good for the health, you know?

I saw a man getting arrested on my way to the game. The cops were telling him to put his arms out on the chainlink fence and he was, like, "whoa, calm down", as though they were at a picnic, and the cops had just given him another beer. Geez.

I also saw a man's penis today, which should not be such a special occasion but it was. I was walking along Napoleon and arrived at Laval. In front of me was an apartment's window and something on the other side caught my attention. I was absent-mindedly staring as I crossed the street toward it when I suddenly realized... is that a...? I think it is! First I thought it was a plastic penis, a toy. But as I came closer, I saw that it was a real penis, attached to a real man. The guy was obviously an exhibitionist: he was standing by the window, facing out, with the blinds drawn to his waist level, wearing a t-shirt and nothing else (maybe socks, I couldn't see that far down). And there was his manhood, lettin' it all hang out in the fall afternoon sun, just standing there. It was quite a nice one too, but I had to laugh. The whole situation was so bizarre.

My first exhibitionist and I'm 31 and three-quarters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tu exhibicionista me recuerda el viejo chiste de una solterona que llama a la policía porque en el edificio del frente de ella hay un exhibicionista. Llega el policía y le dice a mujer que no se ve nada. Ella le dice "Si trae esa mesa para la ventana, le pone una silla encima y se para sobre ella, va a verlo".

Did you have to stretch your neck? LOL

Isabel said...

Fuera de bromas, alguien me contó que en Canadá el hombre que yo vi está en todo su derecho. Hubo un juicio que llegó hasta la corte suprema, y básicamente lo que concluyó es que -como insinua tu chiste- yo sería la voyeurista, porque él estaba dentro de su casa, por mucho que estuviera, ejem, apuntando hacia la ventana.

 
eXTReMe Tracker