Monday, September 18, 2006

I heard you have amazing power in your pantaloons!

I just made up an, ehem, wicked concept. Recent and disturbing events (no, not that, the other one. No, wait, what are you thinking? Not that one at all! Ugh, ask me.) have prompted me to take up the old journey of self-discovery and self-knowledge again.

While I was looking for where to begin, I ran into my father’s sister on msn and talking to her made this light bulb come on: An Emotional History. Just like genealogy, or your family’s history of disease, but related to where you come from… emotionally. I think it’s cool, don’t you?

I started by asking my aunt and my dad (a perma citizen of msn) about my grandfather, and how he was with them. Most illuminating. I also learned a bit about my great-grandfather, Julian’s behaviour, and that was eye-opening as well. I’m particularly interested in my father’s side of the family for this part of the experiment. But I think my mother’s side will also be very interesting once I’m more advanced.

This is all pretty exciting to me, because learning is a unique way to make a crappy situation good. I had a cheesy Aquarianism ready for this post, but I think I’ll keep it to myself for now.

PS Feel free to use my concept, but please remember the credit! ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

i hate to say it, but my dad's been talking about this with me for as long as i can remember.

his perspective is that it's useful in understanding who you are, but it should never be used as an excuse. he loves to tell me that i still have to take responsibility for my actions.

not like i worry that you won't do that. :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker