Saturday, October 30, 2004

Halloween Hangover?

I don't consider myself a frequent victim of hangovers. I'm also not a fan of conversations that brag about people being sooo drunk. But Halloween, apparently, is just another St. Patrick's Day drink a thon!

Well, at least in my case, I've had 5 events this weekend of merry mayhem. Last night, it started at the potluck dinner at Charles and Rob's place. Charles is leaving for New Zealand on Monday. I didn't wear a disguise because I didn't even think I'd be going out. But when I saw other people's, like Little Red Riding Ho (hohoho) or Bernie's freaky silverman outfit, I sort of felt the bar was raised. Like, oh, people really take this seriously. Guess I was used to Chile where it was a big deal to get anyone to come dressed up to my annual Halloween parties at all. So I'm going to be Tonya Harding, the secret is out. Right now my hair is in braids, waiting to produce the crimped effect of lovely, trashy Tonya!

Here's a picture of me with the braids.


Button has been nice enough to buy me the blond hairspray, since after last night's parties, I can barely stay awake, let alone go out and do some shopping!

After the potluck, we all went to a loft party in the Plateau. Huge place, lots of people. DJ and the works. I walked in without paying, mea culpa, because I haven't carried any cash on me in the past week. Later we went to a girl, Jenny's place near Pistol, on Pine. That was fun. I played cat's cradle again, with a bead necklace this time, and a guy called Ryan Coonie who said he loved me :) hahaha, that will forever crack me up, I think. "I love you", said Ryan Coonie. At least someone's saying it!!

Happy Halloween everyone.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker