Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Driving for Health

Since the old car was towed away for security reasons, my mother and I rented a car (another PT Cruiser) to drive to Potsdam today. I feel like my mom's visit is one very looong conversation. I sorted out all my accumulated shopping impulses at the ever heavenly TJ Maxx at the St Lawrence County Mall in Massena. I got myself a pair of those cute wedges that are so in style this summer. No bra, though, Amy. They just didn't have my size. Sucks to be beautiful.

I love to drive. I got to come back on my own, since my mother is staying in upstate NY until Sunday. I’ll be meeting her again on Saturday. It was simply great to drive back straight (no stops!) and be home in 2.5 hours. Modern highway driving hardly requires any attention at all. I found myself zoning out to music and imagining the most elaborate scenarios. My favourite. There’s something quite special about driving by yourself with the radio on, don’t you agree?

***
We had dinner at Ouzerie on Gilford and St Denis on Monday night. Super! The cheese flambe is definitely a must. Quefalo... something. That's the name of the cheese they pour Sambuca on and then, well, you know, light on fire. Delicious. So was everything else at Ouzerie.

3 comments:

Ricardo said...

yo encuentro que manejar, en carretera, solo y con tu disco favorito sonando a todo chancho es una experiencia casi mistica... equivalente a terapia psicológica...

supe que pudiste pasar mi cámara de "contrabando".... un millón de gracias

Anonymous said...

Leo y leo...mi serie canadiense para pernos ... excelentes descripciones...coopera a pasar el frío intenso de este gris Santiago de Chile.
Fran Fdez.

Anonymous said...

I told you sambuca + cheese + fire = heaven!

 
eXTReMe Tracker