Friday, August 04, 2006

24 hours to go!

My mom is arriving in Montreal in about 24 hours, people! This is exciting for several reasons. One, my mother hasn't been back here in 17 years. Seventeen years is how long she was married (I remembered; she didn't) to my dad. Someone get me a medal. Also, she never thought she'd come back. Until last year, her favourite daughter called up to say Happy Birthday and "how about coming to visit?". So now it's been a year and the time is now. Isn't it great?

I've rented an apartment for her, since mine won't house 2 for that long (unless you are very, very hot). We've got trips planned to Cape Cod, Ottawa, Quebec, and the cultural center of upstate New York, Potsdam! We also have a family picnic in the Laurentians this weekend, and I'm planning a dinner with her and some of my close friends. So awesome.

My mom, 1971: "stop the car!!" (just kidding!)

***
My dad doesn't know it yet, but I have a present for him. I bought him a reproduction of an old Inn poster in Victoria last winter and I've finally had it properly framed. I'm bringing it to him this afternoon when I go pick up his old car, that he's lending me for the duration of my mother's visit.

Amy sent me a reproduction with a Robert Frost poem on the back (I actually share Mr. Frost's birthday, I think) that I also had framed. It was my splurge for the bi-weekly period. It looks beautiful, Amy. It's now hanging in my apartment and even though the poem is covered, I can remember it everytime I look at the picture. Thanks!

***
Messages:
Amy Baty & Jus: thanks guys! what a nice surprise to see you in my comments. Beaucoup d'amour pour vous, les belles. See you next year, I hope!

Amy P: I always think of you when I think of unkempt gardens, who else? And I think the word was "preppy" :)

Have a great weekend everyone. It's still summah!

4 comments:

bárbara said...

Qué choro, Brincki!!! Disfruta a tu mom. Por qué será que uno se pone más mamona cuando deja de vivir con su mamá? Tomémoslo como un signo de madurez, mejor. Cariños a tía Sarita.

Amy said...

ha ha ha!!! preppy it was. bob frost 's birthday is two months and a day after yours. i'm so glad you framed the pic! awesome. your mum is so pretty. i'm glad she's decided to come back after thinking she wouldn't. i wish i could meet her.

Loredana Braghetto said...

Isa, te escribiré a tu emilio, es que he estado a full!
Chau.

Anonymous said...

Se pasó la Isabel, mandó laminar el Cuadro, me imagino que le salió mas caro que el poster mismo. Como esos perfmes caros en botellas maaaraaavillosas!

Gracias, está perfecto para tapar el tablero electricoa la entrada a mi antro.

Read on a new blog for the adventures of the old car!

 
eXTReMe Tracker