Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I still haven't cleaned the tub

(up there: a view 20 minutes ago from my window)

But I thought of a few other things I wanted to talk about.

Jeff Ltd. Have you seen that show? I was THIS close to writing an email to CTV to tell them: how can you put on a show about a 'ladies man' when he is so obviously flaming?! But then I felt bad about saying that. So I'm writing it in my blog instead, heh heh.

***

Last Saturday Tom and I went to my friend Cecilia's Pump Up The Volume party. She and some of her friends got someone's work loft; rented lights, speakers and a disco ball; and put on an 80s party. Hearing the song Tainted Love brought me all the way back to the Santiago club, Blondie, where I did most of my 80s dancing in the 90s.

People seemed really nice at the party. A good crowd of Quebexicans, as Tom likes to call us. EVEN THOUGH WE'RE NOT MEXICAN...! :) Chilequebes is a good alternative, although more nation-specific.

***

On Sunday we went to see this local documentary at Ex-Centris, Les Barbiers. The paper said it had French subtitles so we mistakenly thought that meant it was in English. Wishful thinking. I think Tom said he understood 2% of it. It was mostly French, some of which was "joualment" indecipherable to me. Some Italian, some Greek. It was a cute look at some old barbers, that dying profession. There was also a second generation younger barber who seems to be doing well by expanding into more modern "trimming" techniques. Nothing x-rated, no worries. One poor guy in Trois-Rivieres didn't seem to ever have any business at all. How do people like that survive economically?

***
I just spent several minutes going over my answers to the Mirror's Best of Montreal before getting to the part that says the cut-off date was April 21. Oh.

I just wanted to say Andrew Chang of CTV is my favourite male reporter. Annie De Melt, of course, is my favourite female one. My favourite Montreal blog -cough, cough- is jgallagher.blogspot.com. And the best minority? QUEBEXICANS!

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker