Friday, June 02, 2006

Baja


This is a random man's photo. He posted it on Flickr so now I stole it, solely to show you where I am going in 1 week.

Right now I'm finishing up my errands (only manicure and pedicure left, and some other things left by the wayside) and getting ready to head over to Ana's housewarming, with her rooftop pool and fully staffed bar and whatnot. Hurrah!

In a week, I'll be on my way to San José del Cabo, Baja California, Mexico. I will spend lots of money to spend four days on the beach, doing absolutely nothing but bake, and read maybe, and swim. Nothing else. Eat and sleep. Tops.

El Delfín Blanco is a "charming" collection of cabins about 300 metres from the Pacific Ocean. It's run by a charming Swedish lady I just confirmed my reservation with. Turns out, she has some Brinck in her family history as well. When you hear that, you just know you've found the right place, don't you? She was explaining the difficulties of getting into town by bus nowadays since the road changed and the tournism declined. I said "I'm looking for an isolated beach to be by myself". "Then it's perfect" she said, and I believe her. I'm also renting a car (for HOLY MOLY C$9.95 a day!) so if I want to tour around I can.

Anyway, hopefully there'll be more to tell later, but I wanted to let you know. Baby's first trip to Mexico and I couldn't be more excited. (NB baby is me, of course)

2 comments:

Previously known as Ralph said...

no booze?

Anonymous said...

What happens in Cabo

stays in Cabo!!!

(followed by lots of ugga ugga ugga neanderthal comments ...)

 
eXTReMe Tracker