Saturday, February 18, 2006

chicago notes

* it's -20 C in Chicago. Funny how you underdress and think you can get away with it when you're away from home. Maude and I went for dinner last night: her without a hat, me in regular shoes. We would never have done that in Montreal, even in warmer weather than this!

* the news here is just as bad as can be. Everything is "sex predator alert!" "husband aquitted in wife's brutal murder!" "cheney, cheney, cheney!" And they don't even have TBS, shake shake shake.

* I'm off at 1pm today and going to visit the Chicago Art Institute, It's supposed to be really good. And at 2pm they have a "highlights" tour, which sounds good.

* I finally got my hair cut last night by a Lebanese hairdresser who told me falafel is *not* specifically Lebanese, why have I been kept in the dark for so long??

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker