Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2006

Thanks for asking.

Those winds of discontent have blown over mostly now. I know they made me think about some things I will need to keep thinking about, but the worst is over, thank goodness.

I think I'm just much more of a homebody than I ever recognized before. Being away from my home, from my things and the way I've organized them around me, apparently isn't an allround positive experience for me. Maybe Tom's right and I am a little OCD ;) Just gonna wipe this spot before we go on...


Nope, I haven't found my ring. It's a killer, but at the same time I'm already moving on in my head. A plan of action, that's my prefered remedy. In this case, I was thinking that a ring is a commitment to myself. So if I definitely don't find it, I will need to set aside a bit of mullah and by myself another very nice and meaningful ring, as a renewed bond with Isabel Brinck. It's a lifetime thing, you know. Even when I hate me, I have to be with me. So I do best my best to like me.

Examples of fun things I'm planning to do with myself this year:

* a weekly commitment to yoga. This I have started, even if it means skipping all the Friday 5-7 for Dan. Sorry Dan, but I'll make it up to you in lyrics!

* a weekly commitment to writing. This I haven't started, but I'm trying to think of a good time for it. Promise.

Overall, I'm looking to push myself a little harder this year. I've been lazy: with my money (I've changed that already, looking towards my mom's visit this summer), with my time (see above), with my goals (more on this later). Welcome 2006! After living in the southern hemisphere, I definitely think the new year should begin in March and not January.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker