Thursday, September 29, 2005

Time Stands Still

Do you realize you have the most beautiful face?
Do you realize we're floating in space?
Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
And instead of saying all of your good-byes,
Let them know you realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round
-Flaming Lips


Beck sang that last night. It was beautiful. The whole concert was. I was happy enough after seeing ex-Unicorn Neil and his new band Islands -epic- but Beck just blew it all away. He was danceable, laughable, speechless and wonderful. From now on, it's the floor for me!

He started pretty late, considering the doors opened at 6:30pm, but then again there were 2 opening acts. It was past 9:30pm and I was starting to complain to Kristen (who so kindly invited me), thinking about getting to bed to get to work... but Beck blew that all away, didn't he? Time stood still. It didn't matter what time it was, what day it was, how old I was even... Beck is like suspension in time of the good times.

And he loves Montreal. "He probably says that everywhere he plays", said Kristen. Maybe, maybe...

The visuals were awesome as well. I wonder if the first ones were fractions of something else repeated over several times or what.

***

I got my US visa application for work. Just because the US government intends to have full knowledge and control over my past doesn't mean I do. I can't remember all my travel dates in the last 10 years, and much less come up with a complete list of employers and residences... Who knows their high school's phone number? And I simply refuse to answer this one:

"list all professional, social and charitable organization to which you belong (belonged) or contribute (contributed) or with which you work"

Are you kidding? Like, every donation I've ever given? Huh?

I'm not moving to the US, it's just a work visa because I travel there a lot.

And no, I have never "ordered, incited, assisted or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person because of race, religion, national origin, or political opinion under the control, direct or indirect, of the Nazi government of Germany". Geez.

***

Sofia Vergara aparece en la tapa de la revista canadiense para hombres TORO este mes.

Y me encontre con un flyer para una fiesta "bring your own i-Pod". Te invitan a programar un set de 10 minutos durante la fiesta, conectando tu iPod. Asi estan las cosas.

El cielo esta cubierto, majestuoso, y tengo una vista privilegiada.

1 comment:

Juan Luis said...

Bonita
Hoy soñé contigo. ¿Beck qué tan guapo es?
Desde que supé que estaba casado con la hermana gemele de Giovanni Ribisi, una raro pensamiento homoerótico inunda mi cabeza.
un beso.

 
eXTReMe Tracker