Tuesday, September 27, 2005

ruminations of a chilequebe

So I spilled coffee on myself again this morning. And of everything I was wearing, guess where it spilled? On my shirt. And of all the colours on the shirt, guess where it landed? On the white.

What is it about white? I’m 30; am I still not old enough to wear white safely?

Funny coincidence: I bumped into Steve on the way to work. I normally take Duluth but I already had, coming from the other way, so on my way back to work I decided to take Rachel for a change. Anyway, it’s a funny coincidence because Tom and I met Steve last night, walking home on Duluth. He didn’t see us at first, even when we walked right by him, so Tom grabbed his bum and even then, I’m not sure he knew who it was when he slowly turned around and said “nice….” Haha. Oh, Steve.

***

We were sent a job posting at work, for the next position up from mine. I’ve talked about this to a few people and I really feel like I can’t *not* apply. So I sent an email to one of the directors (probably not the right person to send it to) asking to talk to her about it. I don’t know what it means if I don’t get this job (aka promotion) but it would probably be one of a few things that would eventually push me to leave. There’s something really weird about the company I work for, where it seems to suck people in and keep them stuck here like flies on tar. I probably shouldn’t be saying that, given what I’ve just said above, haha.


***

Going to see Beck with Kristen tomorrow night. Mostly, I really want to see the opening act, because it’s supposed to be one of The Unicorns. Life will never be the same again without them. I heard what I understand to be the other guy from the band on the radio, as part of a project called Abominable Snow. It was cool.

1 comment:

bubi said...

nooooooooo, yo quiero , muero por ver a beck,....

 
eXTReMe Tracker