Thursday, March 17, 2005

I'm on the Mexican radio*



I like San Antonio.

It's vibrant, it's energetic, and strangers say hello on the street (and not in that sinister sauz-american way, zhou know?) I've never been in another American city where people where this high-energy before. And there are LOTS of kids... LOTS of them!

I was a little worried, carrying my New Yorker magazine in plain view at the airport, that I might get lynched, but so far so good. I have a feeling we all (locals and Canadians) just avoid the "touchy" subjects and all is well. Our waiter at the Texas Kill 'Em & Eat 'Em Steakhouse (not its actual name) told us a Canadian saved his life once. :)

When in Rome, do as the Romans, so I'm all "you all" "and such"...

The salsa dip is great!

I like the historic buildings, which are also a rarity in my scarce experience outside of East Coast USA. It's old! I love it! Our hotel, the Emily Morgan, is a boutique hotel, which means you can buy some of the stuff in the rooms. It has very nice antique details, like a mail chute (love those!) between the elevators. There's $5 water from Fiji in the rooms. My tub is a jacuzzi. Maybe I'll get to try the outdoor heated swimming pool before I leave.

It depends, because these are "Events" hours (as in, Events International Meeting Planners)... Today was 7:15 to sometime after 6pm and tomorrow will be worse. But the company is good, there's natural sunlight a few metres away, it's not snowing, and I guess that's all I need right now.

Ask me in a couple of days, I'll probably be dying to get back to Mo-real. Not yet.

*this is a song, and this title is best read imitating the song, if you know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me encanta tu blog, me encanta saber de ti, en que andas, brinck, la vida ocurre de maneras diversas, disfruta!!!, vivan tus fotos tambien!!!

DLP said...

Then you should go to San Carlos, San Jose and all those little cities in the Bay Area, where even the squirrels say hello.

 
eXTReMe Tracker