Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sunlight in a Jar

I'm hooked on a feeling. I'm high on believing...

It's so good to be back home. I was in Nashville, working and travelling for eight straight days. That gives me moral permission to take today off, sleep in until it hurts to stay in bed, and then jump in the wickedly fresh sun while I do my errands and they take, like, 5 seconds each.

I took my picture for my new Medicare card. I walked in and took a number. 89. The number on the board was 88. Smiles for everyone, smiles for strangers!

I lost my debit card right before I left on this trip, so I went to the bank and got a nice new one. "I had just memorized the other one", I told the teller. "I know exactly how you feel", she said back. Smiles all around!

How long have I been waiting for sun? The good thing about flying in the day, even though I hate travel by plane, is that it's always sunny up there. Sometimes, when it's cloudy down here I try to remind myself of that.

My only counterbalance to this happy reunion is deciding to step out of some reading material I was really enjoying because *someone* blog-stalked me into it and I don't even want to be in the same virtual space. Phooey!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's amazing how far a little sunshine can go! Glad you had a good trip -welcome back.

AWB said...

smiles for everyone! liked that concept...

Eve said...

My favorite recent flight experience was a short one: on a very early morning flight from Chicago to New York, we took off in darkness, rose with the sun, then when the plane landed, watched the sun set. It was amazing. I love flying.

Mood Indigo said...

"sleep in until it hurts to stay in bed" - I love that!

 
eXTReMe Tracker