Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Vacation Watch

Isn't it great to be on vacation?

I've got two weeks off, and I'm spending them in bee-oo-ti-full Cowichan Bay, BC. That's on the east coast of Vancouver Island, between Victoria and Nanaimo. As soon as I get my pictures off my dad's camera, I'll upload them somewhere. Maybe I'll let you know where.

In the meantime, here's an artist's rendering I found on the Internet.


On Christmas day we had a double rainbow ending right on the water that meets the house's beach. Apparently rainbows are fairly common here, but since I've never been here before, I considered it a special xmas apparition. If you can't have snow, have rainbows!

Now it's on to planning a two-night stay in Tofino, on the west coast of the island. Gotta find a cute B&B with awesome views of the sea. Shouldn't be too hard. This place is like what the Japanese thought of their land and what G. Bush wishes: God's country.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Sabha said...

Feliz Navidad prima!
Se te hecho de menos por estos lados...va un abrazo virtual.

Anonymous said...

Super estética se vé tu página con esos colores y pinceladas gruesas, asi es que Cowichan, eh? y Gauguin que buscaba el Paraiso por la Polinesia. el hombre. Yo me voy a Viña a pasar el Año Nuevo con los nuevos fuegos artificiales en toda la costa desde Valparaiso bay hasta Las Salinas. Ya buscare un huequito para instalarme a gozar. Me encantan los fuegos artificiales. Axel anda escalando volcanes y escapando de los nguillatunes pehuenches asi es que no sabremos de él hasta el proximo año.
Felicidad, felicidad, felicidad¡ parece que ese era el titulo de una cancion de esas que tocan el la radio Oasis.

 
eXTReMe Tracker