Thursday, December 15, 2005

Movie Tuesdays

I used to have a club called that, where I invited friends and their friends to come join me for a movie night out. Tuesday was the overall cheapest day to go; that's why I chose it.

I've seen my fair share of flicks lately. Last night I went to see King Kong. It was wicked! I highly recommend it. It was an old-school adventure/drama. Funny! Scary! Exciting! It seems like yesterday Naomi Watts was some unknown chick in Mulholland Drive... I kept superimposing her image in I *heart* Huckabees over her muddied gorilla loving face.

Adrien Brody was a hero :) So was Kong. I absolutely swoon for people who run *towards* danger.

On Tuesday I went to see The Squid & the Whale, which Sarah and I had been talking about seeing for weeks. It was so good! That was a funny movie. All of us -she, Jesse and I- are the kids of divorced parents and I guess we knew what they were talking about... I don't think I've ever been so exasperated in a light-hearted way before with a movie. Kind of like dealing with real life parents (roll of the eyes, "oh, go on then"). All of the actors were great, especially Kevin Kline's son Owen who sort of reminded me of Lu Ponce. Weird. Owen Kline was also in a great movie that's on DVD called The Anniversary Party. Please rent it.

***

Looking forward to a going-away party for Tristan and Amy at Grae's (you may know him from such hit postings as Groan). I could really use a little light-heartedness in my life right now. I keep remembering what Ricardo Alcoholado, the guy who read my birth chart in 2002, said to me about my relationships:

"You are too much on the light side, so you look for tormented souls to even you out. But it's dangerous and it doesn't work."

Since I *am* on the light side, I never take such dark advice seriously. "Something wrong? With my life? Nevah!"

Looking to reunite myself with the lighter side, where I am truly from...

Do you think happy people should join with other happy people or should they try to spread joy to sadder people? Charles, any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About fucking time I made it into you stupid old blog -- at least now I can stop reading it.
;)P


I have never known a categorically "happy" nor categorically "sad" person in my entire life, so I can hardly pretend to have any ideas as to what imaginary type of person might be best for them. I do suggest they should all follow the same simple advice though:

"keep a low overhead and never live with anyone who doesn't love you for who you are. Also never try to love someone for who they aren't."

The rest is just cake and cough syrop.

 
eXTReMe Tracker