Saturday, October 22, 2005

This is water

I wish I could organize a film fest.

The Nouveau Cinema film fest is going on until Sunday in Montreal. I went to see Canadian/Indian director Deepa Mehta's Water last night with Tom at the Imperial Theatre. It's a beautiful historical landmark that was renovated a couple of years ago. Plush red seats with double armrests, that don't bounce up as soon as you stand to take your jacket off. Everything a little operatic.

This evening I'm going to see John Turturro's film Romance and Cigarettes (starring Susan Sarandon) with Hilary. She got passes for the fest and that's how I started looking into what was showing. Tomorrow I think I'd like to go see the 1974 film Montreal Main, in French, about the relationship between a teenager and an effeminate photographer that takes place with our adored Saint Lawrence Boulevard as the backdrop.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker