Saturday, October 15, 2005

less boring days

Exciting things rarely happen at conferences...

Just now, though, our calm-to-the-point-of-boring environment at the Palais was disrrupted by cries of "catch him! catch him!", immediately followed by a tall blond man hurdling the stanchions in front of Registration with an open duffel bag cradled in his arm. Our man Giuseppe tried to catch him in the revolving doors to the metro but I think he got past him. Now *there* was some excitement.

Almost as heart-racing as the "live actors" haunted house Tom, Amy, Julian, Justine and I went to in Niagara Falls. Wicked! There were 3 levels of scary so obviously we took the highest one. I was crying I was so scared, and it was just "run! run! run!" through the dark maze with a human werewolf ("grrrr") reaching out to knock off my tuque and then mock me for looking for it on the black floor (mock whimpering voice: "my hat! my hat!").

I think nothing is more boring than "conference stories" to the people who haven't been there. I mean, it's not like we work in a seedy, yet thrilling environment, or do any life-saving stuff or anything. It's just doctors in and out.

And that's what I'll be doing until Wednesday. This could prove detrimental to my health. Hope not. Where did I leave my life again?

1 comment:

Vero said...

Isabelita... que lata tus conferencias. Una vez más atrapada en lo que, me imagino, es un conjunto de salones, gente vestida de traje y mucho, mucho café en vaso de plástico.
Me pusiste en tus contactos!!
Me emocioné.
Un beso
v.

 
eXTReMe Tracker