Thursday, June 28, 2007

Work to Indulge


Two of these kids are doing the same thing
Two of these kids are one and the same

Josh (far left) and I quit our jobs. We have different reasons and we're going different ways, but I thought I should say that now. He's gone and I'm leaving after my next show, in New Orleans at the end of July.

I got a really fabulous job thanks to a friend of my parents. Out of the blue; I didn't think I could really get it, but I did. And the best part was all the support I got from friends and family. Who knew? I'm like one of those Tibetan sand drawings: you tell me how much you love me, and soon after I've let the wind wipe that away and I'm wondering all over again. Lovely, isn't it? :)

Anyway. I am beating this Mercury retrogade like Toshiro Mifune.

After an unnecessary and stressful ordeal during the first days onsite here in San Jose, I made a Sarita-worthy decision (Sarita's my mom) and received a lot of welcome support and help from my co-workers. You guys are awesome! Things went smoothly from then on. In an unrelated decision, I finally got to put into practice the idea that shifts and decent hours make for better overall moods and dispositions. Worked for me!

So now I'm getting ready to pick up a rental, drive across the Golden Gate bridge, and lounge by an authentic California pool until my best friend from high school, Elvira, shows up tomorrow afternoon in her... convertible! Yeah! We reserved one hour fancy-schmancy mud baths at the Mermaid Spa. On Saturday we will create our own version of the movie Sideways. I guess I can repeat my favourite line:

Miles: [while tasting wine] It tastes like the back of a fucking L.A. school bus. Now they probably didn't de-stem, hoping for some semblance of concentration, crushed it up with leaves and mice, and then wound up with this rancid tar and turpentine bullshit. Fuckin' Raid.
Jack: Tastes pretty good to me.

That's us. We're Jack. We took a one week vacation in San Francisco in 2004 and it was great. It went pretty much like this:

"Hey, what do you feel like doing now?"
"Hm, I was sort of thinking of this, what do you think?"
"Sounds good to me!"

I'll see you when I get back.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Hahaha. I'm Miles.

And retrograde, eh? No wonder I'm having to harrass people to pay me the money they owe me.

And have a great time! I'm so envious...

Vero said...

Que bueno que todo resultó!!!!
Muchos abrazos de mi cada vez más numerosa familia...
v.

AWB said...

bien hermanita...!

 
eXTReMe Tracker