Thursday, June 21, 2007

update 06/21/07

Such a weird Summer, I can just feel it in my bones. Is Summer the weirdest season of all? How come so much important stuff happens in Summer?

Anyway: guy downstairs moved out apparently, not without first *stealing* all of his (ex?) girlfriend's stuff. She had a handful of cops listening to her cry on Tuesday. Mostly about her shoes. Then she called him and accused him of sending "that bitch" over to do the stealing. I don't think he denied that. I was hoping she had finally washed that man right out of her hair, but she caved and said she'd give him "whatever" he wanted as long as he returned all her stuff ASAP. She told him to come over that night; that she'd be "waiting". That made me sad for her. I guess breaking up really is hard to do, even when you're in a corrupted relationship between an idiot and an asshole. Was that too harsh? I do feel sorry for them, but man...

Canada Post messed up my passport delivery. They mailed it to me but didn't notify me of it's delivery, so I never knew and eventually they declared it "undeliverable" and sent it back to Passport Canada. It was still in transit on Tuesday, so I had to change my flight and rent a car to drive to Burlington. I'm liking Burlington. The border was a breeze, with only me and an elderly customs agent who was as friendly as you'd expect a Vermonter to be. Way better than New York! And the Burlington airport is small and efficient, with no line-ups or hassle. You should have seen how amiable the security was. And I'm sure they all do their jobs just as well as mean-faced people in airports everywhere else.

I'm in San Jose, California, waiting to set up my registration area. My tech is lost in transit. He missed his flight, and I'm not going to give any details here because that wouldn't be fair. It just got me thinking: what would happen if the tech never showed up? What if the tech died on the way to the meeting? Anyway...

There is no pool in our hotel. I'm wondering what kind of a California hotel doesn't have a pool? My top-floor room does have an iPod docking station, a 16:9 flat screen tv, a Melitta One:One coffee/tea maker, and sleeping aids like eye mask, ear plugs and a soothing CD soundtrack. I don't need this. I wake up in the middle of the night on a regular basis. I obviously don't want to miss ONE SECOND of this crazy Summer.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker