Friday, November 11, 2005

Back in

I *love* being home!

NY is wicked, but I guess traveling is different when you're so happy at home. I missed it, and I probably would have enjoyed NY more if Tom could have come with us.

As it was, Barbara and I had a good time traipsing around the island and its buroughs. We hit Coney Island, Brooklyn, the Lower East Side to Morning Heights (to check out the diner from Seinfeld). It's amazing how many different kinds of people we could run into in a day... from the unsuspecting brats of the Upper West Side to the loonies at Port Authority.

Most of the loonies appeared to be on the bus with us on the way back to Montreal, actually. One guy in particular, across the aisle from us, drank the whole way, even minutes before getting off the bus to pass customs. He bought some whisky at the duty free and poured it into a Pepsi bottle. I called it alcoholism. Tom says an alcoholic would be jealous of such functionality -drinking 8 hours without passing out.

Tonight, Barbara is hitting the Nine Inch Nails. And the three of us will be hitting one of the bottles of Pisco Sour she brought me from Chile... tikitikití! Tomorrow, my dad will pick us up bright and early for a day trip to Potsdam, NY. Yes, that's right folks, world-famous Potsdam of Clarkson College fame and fortune!

Just kidding, it's home to some family friends and I'm excited to bring my gang along for introductions.

Right now it's time for a biddy nap after all that traveling without moving (you know, you just sit still on the bus...). Pictures to follow. I'm sick of posing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No me habia dado cuenta que ya estabas de regreso en Montreal. a mi la semana se me pasó como un celaje y de repente me dije eleventh day of the eleventh month, what!!! asi es que les deseo a todos los excursionistas a Potsdam un viaje soñado, y a la líder del grupo una visita todo lo relajada que puede ser con introductions. Yo voy a dormir un ratito antes de irme a Viña a dormir otro poco más.

Anonymous said...

Que entretenidoo!!! que ganas de estar ahi con ustedes, me encanta cuando vas a pequenos lugares dentro de lugares mayores, y ves cosas unicas, super autoctonas, es como ser parte de una pelicula....enjoy girls, take pictures & run quick like rabbits!!

chica said...

hhmmm, pisco sour? yo ya empezé mi dieta de aquel liquido sabroso y acido para este verano, generalmente un par de copas entre semana, y la mejor, es lo domingos tomando sol en la piscina de la maca, junto a un graaan pocillo de frutillas..o frambuesas...la abundancia del verano!
more post in spanish...plis!jaja

Alfredo Sepúlveda said...

diud, did ai tel yu i iust tu liv acros de Sainfeld diner? yes ai did: de pleis is colt "Tom's restaurant": it is lokeited in 112 and Brodgüei, and it servs grik fud. Marcela and I livt in de bilding raigt acros 112. Veri cul de seinfeld zing, bat de fud taist laik chit. It guas chip, do.

 
eXTReMe Tracker