Friday, July 15, 2005

Shade of Blue: Breaking my Promises

Although, technically I did say the break was "indefinite", right? so that's not a "never" but my INTENTION was "never", but since I rarely say what I mean, I'm obviously counting this discrepancy in my favour. What else is new. Anyway, the reason I'm breaking vow of silence is to tell you this:

Why Montreal is the Most Awesomest City Ever

fifteen minutes ago I left my house in a somewhat poopy mood, shades of blue by the black rebel motorcycle club in my head, almost slipping down that slope of "what did I do wrong" idiocity, when out of the dep a few blocks from my house I see the handsomest delivery guy ever, wheeling a dolly out. Beautiful tan skin, dark blue eyes and spiky but un-geled dark brown hair.

-Bonjour mademoiselle, ca va bien?

-Oui, merci, I said, walking past him, looking kind of at the ground.

-C'est une belle journee, n'est pas?

-Oui. I already had by back to him and kept walking.

-Vous aussi vous etes belle.

-Merci.

Smile!

And then, to complete the happy cycle, a block later there was a cute busker sitting on the ground in front of a restaurant and he looked up and gave me a "bonjour mademoiselle" aussi.

Although I may be sick and tired of the predominance of looks as a reason for thinking you like people... I definitely give full props to these boys and their "bonjour mademoiselles". Treating me like a lady, you are making my day.

1 comment:

Vero said...

buena manera de mejorar el día...
buen día para romper una promesa...
:)

 
eXTReMe Tracker