Sunday, February 20, 2005

Being Boring

That was the title I chose for another post idea I had last Saturday night about "growing up with the belief that I was somehow so special and realizing that not everybody gets raised that way". Oh, yes, always the self-promoting stuff for me.

But I can't get into it right now. As usual, I don't want this blog to be about "writing", therefore: no big opinion spiels, etc. I just want to let people know what I'm up to et c'est tout. No great expectations. Which was the conclusion of that post idea, by the way... hmm, interesting.

What I've been up to is:
* bought The Postal Service's CD, Give Up, including that great single "Such Great Heights". Goes well with Interpol's CD, Antics, which I bought 2 weeks ago. Next? The Arcade Fire's Funeral? Oh, I sound like a journalist...

* rented Last Tango in Paris (more plot than I expected), the Bad Seed and a Jake Gylenhall movie, Midnight Mile. I recommend this last one to all Jake G. fans. It also stars Dustin Hoffman and Susan Sarandon, no less.

* downloaded The Blower's Daughter, song by Damien Rice that begins and ends that GREAT movie, Closer (which you must never go see on a date).

* ACTUALLY worked on my novel...!!!

* got an appointment to take my driving test. Nervous. If I fail, am I a loser? Scary. That's Tuesday, 8am.

* had a SPLENDID Saturday at Eva B's (vintage clothes, coffee and live jams on St-Laurent), watching SuperTroopers and listening to CDs with Grae. Clarified mysteries of Grae-ish behaviour and reaped benefits of believing things are "gonna be ok".

* said I was sorry to my friend Anna, who turned 30 on Friday. Because I love her more than I love being right, whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

February 2005-I joined you at 30 this month Isabel! Feeling good about it although a bit of shock when I had to write it down for a survey recently. It's snowing loads and I had a hard time convincing myself why I must work today. My reasoning had something to do with chocolate milk....I recommend listening to The Life Aquatic (soundtrack), and seeing the movie. Let me know if you do. Enjoying your blog!

Barro said...

Postal Service, Damien Rice, Driving Test?
Damn!, we're so n'sync it gives me goosebumps.

Good thing I learn not to freak out at such coincidences.
Now I celebrate them.
A toast!
;)

 
eXTReMe Tracker