Monday, July 02, 2007

Surprise!!




So... came home at 2 am to this: no bathroom! The positive side is that it's clear they're building me a new bathroom. But, surprise! And it's not done yet. Good thing my neighbour, who is a star at watering my plants, was up and I used her loo. We talked for about an hour and I hit the sack at 3am. Then this happened:
5:50am : stupid downstairs neighbours back at it. Usual inner turmoil initiated in my head.
6:45am: called the cops. Screw it. Screw you. Shut up or get out, I've had it. The cops came right away, and would you believe these kids wouldn't open the door? Anyway, that made them shut up. I spoke to the administrator today and she says they are probably going to kick them out, not surprisingly. While I was gone, the girl above me, that's 2 floors above them, called the cops too.
7:45am: knock on the door, keys in the lock... it's the guy to fix my bathroom! "Sorry, I didn't think you were coming home until later today" "No, came home last night very late, please come back later". I knew I should have been more specific...
8:45am: knock on the door. "I'm busy!!!!!" I yelled. When he was gone I put up a sign saying "I came home at 2am, was woken up by my neighbours in #5 at 6am. Please come back after noon at the earliest. Thank you" [note from the Editor: translated from the bad French. Is it "ils m'on reveillée" or "ils m'ont reveillée"?]
Sometime before I got up at 11am, Mr. Fixit started working on the apartment upstairs, but compared to everything else, this was as pleasing to me as the sound of my dad snoring. I know this is weird, most people don't like snoring, but I have always found it a somewhat comforting noise. Most of the time.
Epilogue: I was given the key to an empty apartment I'm allowed to use for bathroom purposes. I'm even encouraged to leave my toileteries there since I have the key. Estimated time of job being done: 3 days. Any bets?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ils m'ont réveillé"
Good luck with all this.... Any chabce mister fixit has some good looking gong on??? at least!...
G

Isabel said...

Funny you should ask.. Mr. Fixit is indeed quite goodlooking. ;)

Anonymous said...

Mt Fixit tiene sus herramientas en tu depto. Asi que él tiene más interés que nadie en terminar luego tu spa.

Si es tan goodlooking, make your move fast. Either that or seduce the guy in the apartment below! LOL

Anonymous said...

MAY YOU LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES
Chinese curse

Va a ser una pena el dia que echen a tus vecinos. Ya nos estamos acostumbrando a tus entretenidas crónicas de los disfuncionales del 2do piso.

Isabel said...

No te preocupes por eso. Estoy segura de siempre hay otra historia "entretenida" a la vuelta de la esquina.

AWB said...

y las historias entretenidas aburren rapido...

ya termino mr fixit?

 
eXTReMe Tracker